According to experts, drinking warm lemon water in the morning is one of the healthiest rituals ever. Namely, this is because warm lemon water hydrates the body and detoxifies it. Also, it makes the immunity stronger. And, the citric acid in it contains antibacterial and antiviral characteristics.
You can prepare this nutritious beverage by juicing half a lemon and then adding the juice to a glass of filtered water. You can add a bit of honey and cinnamon for a sweeter taste. Although you may have heard that this drink is very healthy, you probably don’t know all of its benefits. Therefore, we’ve made a list of its 10 best benefits:
- Strengthens the immunity-when you consume this drink on a regular basis, the assimilation of iron in your body improves and this makes the immune function better. Also, vitamin C, present in lemon, encourages the body’s natural ability to fight off colds and flu.
- Cleanses the urinary tract-this drink is a powerful diuretic so it has the power to detoxify the urinary tract and encourage urine production. Moreover, it lowers the number of bad bacteria and regulates the pH.
- It aids the digestion-lemon is known to encourage bile production, which is crucial for the digestion. Lemons are very helpful with digestive problems and when regularly consumed, this drink detoxifies the whole body.
- Increases the level of energy– lemons are rich in proteins, vitamins B and C, and phosphorus. Therefore, they hydrate, refresh, and energize the whole body and maintain the pH balanced with the help of the citric and ascorbic acid they contain.
- It aids weight loss-lemons have pectins that are known to prevent sugar cravings and lower emotional eating. So, this drink controls the amount of food you intake. Thanks to the alkalization of the body, warm lemon water is an excellent beverage for weight loss.
- It treats throat infections-lemons are rich in antibacterial characteristics so they prevent and treat infections. They are a great natural remedy for sore throat and tonsillitis. In order to decrease the chances of throat infection, make warm lemon water your morning ritual.
- It treats hypertension– lemons hydrate and purify the lymphatic system whereas potassium improves the sleeping quality, lowers the levels of stress, improves the mental state, and regulates the blood pressure.
- It’s great for the skin-this drink cleanses the blood and encourages the formation of new blood cells, which in turn makes your complexion brighter and cleaner.
- It removes bad breath-when regularly consumed, warm lemon water removes bacteria which cause bad breath and stimulate the secretion of saliva.