As you probably already know, Vicks VapoRub ointment is a mentholated topical cream which is applied on the chest, throat, and back to alleviate cough or onto muscles and joints to relieve minor pain. However, this ointment has so many other beneficial uses that you never thought of. These are some of them:
- It treats fingernail and toenail fungus-apply Vicks onto the affected nails twice per day and put on socks. Cut the nails regularly until the infected part goes away.
- Prevents pet scratches-in order to prevent your dog or cat from scratching your furniture, doors, windows, walls, etc., rub Vicks onto the objects.
- Speeds up the healing of cuts and splinters-apply Vicks onto the wound daily to speed up the healing process. You can also use it to remove splinters.
- It treats stretch marks-reduce their visibility by applying a bit of Vicks.
- It prevents pets from peeing inside-put an open container of Vicks in different parts of your house.
- It treats eczema-in order to alleviate the itching and inflammation caused by this skin problem, apply Vicks onto the affected areas.
- It reduces ear pain-apply some Vicks on a cotton ball and then put it into the painful ear.
- It relieves inflammation caused by Athlete’s foot-apply Vicks onto the painful area twice per day.
- It treats warts-apply Vicks onto the warts, several times per day and then attach gauze onto it. Repeat the method daily until the warts disappear.
- It can be used as a mosquito repellent-apply Vicks onto your exposed skin areas and clothes.
- It relieves sinus headaches-apply some Vicks under the nose. You will breathe deeper and the headache will disappear.
- It treats acne-apply Vicks onto the acne twice per day.
- It speeds up the healing of bruises-apply Vicks onto the bruise.
- It treats sore muscles-you need to massage the muscle with Vicks and then wrap the area in a warm towel and rest until the pain decreases. Repeat the method three times per day.
- Hydrates the skin-apply Vicks onto the body and massage it in gently.
- Alleviates pain caused by tennis elbow-apply Vicks onto the elbows.
- Treats cracked heels-apply Vicks onto the heels and then put on cotton socks and sleep with them. In the morning, remove the socks and rinse the feet with warm water and exfoliate them with a pumice stone.
Vicks VapoRub can also help you reduce fat, cellulite, and stretch marks. Here’s the recipe:
You will need:
Preparation: Crush the camphor tablet and then mix it well with the other ingredients. Put the mixture in a plastic container.
Application: Before going to bed, apply the mixture onto the problematic areas by massaging it into the skin with circular movements. Next, wrap the area with plastic wrap and go to bed with it. You can also do it when you’re at home relaxing or during workout.