Beets are veggies with awesome properties regardless of whether you eat them cooked or raw. In ancient times, beets were used as natural remedies for blood disorders like anemia due to their high content of iron. Moreover, thanks to the iodine they contain, they will provide you with the needed nutrients and antioxidants.
Take a look at the reasons why you should include beets in your daily diet:
- Thanks to the polyphenols and betalains in beets, they treat free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- They are rich in vitamins, including vitamin B.
- They possess a lot of minerals like folate and potassium, known for their power to maintain the cardiovascular health. Additionally, they contain magnesium which is excellent for the health of the bones, iron and phosphorus that provide energy, copper which destroys free radicals, and iodine-crucial for the biosynthesis of thyroid hormones.
- Beets have cobalt which is known to stimulate the formation of vitamin B12.
- They rejuvenate the body with the folic acid they contain, and also aid the creation of new cells.
- They better the digestion thanks to the dietary fibers in them.
- They stimulate the metabolism function.
- Beets aid in the digestion of vitamin D.
- They prevent dementia as they are rich in nitrates that transform into nitrites in the body. Hence, nitrites open the blood vessels and thus increase the blood flow and the oxygen transportation to the needed areas.
- Beets contain even more pectin than apples or carrots. Pectin removes all radioactive materials and heavy metals from the body, thus, it prevents the spreading of harmful, bowel bacteria.
- Beets are rich in cobalt which is known to stimulate the creation of vitamin B12. Without cobalt and folic acid, the red blood cells cannot be formed.
All in all, beets are nutritious vegetables, crucial for the health of the human body. Thanks to their amazing healing properties, they help in the treatment and prevention of a range of diseases.